Every 8th of July is historic in the annals of Sickle Cell Advocacy and Management Initiative (SAMI), As a Sickle Cell NGO, focused on sickle cell disease issues, this year even more special as it marked 12 years of success in the support, advocacy, management, and education about sickle cell which stands at the core for the organization. from moving to a new space and watching our beneficiaries grow to over 600, we have nothing but to give God gratitute for how far we have come, and the obstacles we have been able to climb over.
In his special anniversary message, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of SAMI, Foluso Phillips eulogized ‘Toyin, it is you and your tireless team of believers that have made SAMI such a successful organization.’
‘God bless you all for your seemingly thankless job of just hanging in there and serving humanity’.
During the anniversary celebration performed virtually, the Executive Director, Toyin Adesola praised the board of directors, staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, and everyone that has played one role or another in the success story of SAMI. A birthday cake was cut during the virtual party.
Cheers to a bigger, brighter and bolder next 12 years for SAMI!
- Zero To Hero Conference Goes Virtual
- SAMI commences radio programme on sickle cell awareness
- US Consulate decries low Sickle Cell awareness in Nigeria
- You can live a fulfilled life with sickle cell disorder – Initiative
- Sickle cell coalition seeks policy to improve lives of sufferers, increase awareness